UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools - Article of the Month
Exploring Article 12:
Why should you be able to share your views and opinions on matters that affect you?
- Being involved in decisions makes you feel like a part of it, you have ownership.
- Relationships between children and adults improve when there’s communication.
- School is there to help children to learn, so it is important to put children at the centre.
- Children have some great ideas that adults might never think of.
- It helps to prepare you for adulthood.
- Children and young people feel valued.
- Involving young people means there are more people to make a difference.
- We all have different views and experiences, so including everyone means we get lots of perspectives.
- It can help you to learn about politics and democracy.
- It is your right to be involved in decisions which affect you!